Direct IT Recruiting Inc. Privacy Statement
The purpose of this privacy statement is to outline the practices and procedures of Direct IT Recruiting Inc. (the “Company”) relating to the collection, disclosure, use and safeguarding of personal information. The Company is a unique organization in that the very services we provide to both clients and to candidates includes the exchange of personal information for the benefit of all parties involved. The Company respects the privacy of personal information in all aspects of our business. We want everyone to know that we are responsible for the privacy of personal information of a variety of persons throughout the course of the services we provide.
“Act” meansthe Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act.
“consent” means the voluntary agreement with the collection, use and disclosure of personal information for authorized purposes. Consent can be either express or implied and can be provided directly by the person or by an authorized representative. Express consent can be given orally, electronically or in writing, and is your firm authorization. Implied consent is a common sense conclusion that consent has been obtained from a person’s action or inaction.
“person” or “persons” means a natural person and includes a former, current, or prospective employee candidate or independent contractor candidate for a client of the Company, and any other person in which the Company interacts in the course of its commercial activities.
“personal information” means any information about an identifiable person.
III. WHY YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION IS COLLECTED, USED, DISCLOSED OR RETAINED
Based on the nature of our business, we regularly collect, use, disclose and retain personal information about persons in order to provide services to our clients and provide persons with suitable temporary, permanent or contract employment opportunities or independent contracting arrangements with our clients. In order that all persons are fully informed, we are outlining the purposes for which the Company collects, uses, discloses and retains personal information.
Thus, the purposes for which the Company may collect, use, disclose and retain personal information about persons may include:
- Recruitment and placement, such as searching for and assessing the suitability of persons for a particular job, task or contractual arrangement;
- Negotiating and making offers of employment, contracts, or temporary assignments to selected persons as applicable;
- Verifying a person’s identity, their references, background, fitness for the position, skills, qualifications, and preferences;
- Finding the best job or contract opportunities for persons in order to achieve satisfaction in employment, temporary staffing, or contracting arrangements, as applicable, including any additional related services;
- Fulfilling our client's requests for information, including for audit purposes and for the conduct of operations;
- Complying with the law, regulatory requirements, and court orders;
- Assessing and developing the Company’s business and operations to better service its candidates, contractors and clients.
At or before the time of collecting such information, the Company will identify the purposes for which it is being collected. The collection of personal information will be limited to that which is necessary for the purposes identified by the Company. Information shall be collected by fair and lawful means.
IV. WHAT KIND OF PERSONAL INFORMATION DOES THE COMPANY COLLECT AND FROM WHERE IS IT COLLECTED?
The personal information collected by the Company about you as a person, as applicable, may include, but is not limited to:
- Your home address, home telephone number, cell phone number, work number, email address, other contact information, education, skills, training, work experience, employment history, references, salary and salary expectations, benefits, perquisites, and other related information;
- Information needed to establish and maintain an employment or contracting relationship with the person, such as assignment details, work and residency permits, and job objectives and preferences, if applicable;
- Information required for credit and criminal checks, including date of birth, government identification, and social insurance number, if applicable;
- Information necessary for the administration of payroll, payment of invoices rendered, group insurance plans and benefit plans such as the name of the incorporated company of contractor, social insurance number, banking information and GST number;
- Information required for security purposes, any information required by law, or any information required to satisfy our contractual or other obligations.
The Company may gather personal information about you from a number of sources including:
- From you, including from resumes, educational records, references, applications or forms completed by you, interviews, face-to-face discussions, assessments, courses or training, telephone communications, e-mail, internet, the Company website and any other means of communications, whether verbal, written or otherwise;
- From third parties through enquiries we make to verify details provided to us in a resume, such as references, credit or back ground checks, employment history, and certifications;
- Where applicable, from your agents, brokers, lawyers, intermediaries, and representatives as well as from government and other entities;
V. CONSENTING TO THE COLLECTION, USE AND DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
The knowledge and consent of a person is required for the collection, use, or disclosure of personal information, except where otherwise not required under the Act. As a person, when you contacted us for employment or a contracting arrangement or provided us with your personal information (i.e. resume, etc.), you were understood to have provided the Company with your implied consent to the Company’s collection, use, disclosure and retention of your personal information for the purposes identified to you under this statement (see part III). In determining the appropriate form of consent, the Company will take into account the sensitivity of the personal information and the reasonable expectations of persons.
The Company will disclose personal information about persons to its clients when there is a potential for an employment or contracting arrangement. However, the Company only provides the personal information required and requested by the client to make an informed decision regarding a person. The Company may also disclose your personal information to its affiliates, subcontractors, agents, vendors or suppliers who perform services on our behalf.
You may withdraw your consent at any time, subject to any statutory or contractual exceptions or restrictions and reasonable notice. You should contact the Company for more information at the address below.
VI. THE COMPANY WILL LIMIT THE USE, DISCLOSURE AND RETENTION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Your records are retained to document personal, confidential and business-related information about you and your relationship with the Company. The Company will use or disclose your personal information only for the purposes for which it is collected, except with the consent of the person or as required or permitted by law. The Company shall retain personal information only as long as required to satisfy the purposes identified above where possible, to comply with any obligations specified in the Act, or other statutes, to meet any potential obligations, and to protect the interests of the Company and its clients.
The Company Website
The Company web server anonymously logs requests from individual web browsers but is not related to any personal information. The information logged primarily consists of internet IP address, files that the person’s browser has requested, the time of the request, browser type and computer type and page from which the person came. The Company uses the above information to understand the number of visitors to its website, the type of information requested, and what problems, if any, may exist on the website. This information is used in aggregate and is not linked to any personally identifiable information.
When someone visits a website, a cookie is placed on the individual’s machine (if the individual accepts cookies) or is read if the person has visited the site previously. The web server does this as a matter of course and the information is not required to use the Company website. An individual may turn cookies off in his or her browser and still use all the functionality of the Company website.
VII. THE COMPANY WILL ENSURE THE ACCURACY AND PROTECTION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
The Company will attempt to keep personal information as accurate, complete and up-to-date as is necessary for the purposes for which it is used. In this regard, we expect that you will also participate and provide us with all updated personal information as required (especially contact information). In addition, the Company maintains strict security systems to safeguard your personal information as is appropriate in respect of the sensitivity of that information. Unfortunately, on the Company website, please note that no one can guarantee 100% security. If you have particular security concerns about certain personal information, please do not transmit information over the internet.
VIII. HOW YOU MAY ACCESS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Upon request, the Company will make information about its policies and practices relating to the management of personal information readily available to persons. You may access your personal information that the Company has in its possession, subject to any statutory exceptions or restrictions. To obtain access to your personal information, please make a written request to the Company’s CPO stating as specifically as possible what personal information you are requesting access to. You will be able to challenge the accuracy and completeness of the information disclosed and have it amended if appropriate. For more information on the procedures for doing so, please contact the CPO.
IX. WHAT YOU CAN DO IF YOU FEEL THIS STATEMENT HAS NOT BEEN FOLLOWED
If you believe that the Company has improperly or without authorization collected, used, disclosed or retained personal information about you contrary to this statement, you must make a written complaint to the Company’s CPO. Your written complaint should set out as much detail as possible about your concerns.
X. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
For more information, to request access or an amendment to your personal information, or to discuss a complaint, please call, fax or email the CPO at:
Chief Privacy Officer
Direct IT Recruiting Inc.
Office: (416) 316-3333
Fax: (905) 604-2703