Financial Analyst – Risk Analytics
Job Title: Financial Analyst – Risk Analytics
Company: Direct IT Recruiting Inc.
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Status: 12-Month Contract
Career Level: Intermediate to Senior
Work Experience: 3+ years as a Financial Analyst, risk analysis, financial instruments, market, credit and liquidity risk, Excel, VBA, SQL, write test scripts, UAT Testing, CFA, FRM, FIS Adaptiv
– 3+ years experience in financial services with relevant exposure to risk measurementexperience in market, credit, and liquidity risk
– Hours areMonday to Friday on-site 7:00AM to 3:00PM EST, some weekend workas required
– Bachelors and/or Master’s degree (such as Financial Mathematics, Business/Finance, Economics, Computer Science)
– CFA or FRMdesignation is an asset.
– Solid knowledge of risk measures, financial instruments, financial datawith experiences in a risk reporting function. Experience with buy side risk management is an asset.
– Solid working knowledge of Excel, VBA and SQL.
– Experience with FIS Adaptiv is an asset.
– Write test scriptsand perform UAT testing
– Excellent strategic and planning abilities with the ability to work in a fast paced environment.
– Ability to simplify complex ideas and communicate effectively with the business and Information Technology
– Strong analytical skills and the ability to think through problems assess a variety of factors and recommend a solution.
– Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
The Financial Analyst, Risk Analytics, will play an important role in the measurement and monitoring of Investment Risk. The individual will actively support the monitoring and reporting of the fund’s overall market, credit and liquidity risk exposure in a timely and accurate manner. The candidate will use strong financial product knowledge and risk analysis skills to perform risk attribution analysis and provide insights into risk movements across various dimensions. The individual will support monthly risk system upgrade initiatives related to the design, testing, and delivery of technology solutions for investment professional. In this role you will work closely with Investments, Strategy & Risk, Model validation, Business Analyst and IT to assist with initiatives related to risk modeling, measurement and reporting.
- Provide accurate and complete risk attribution for VaR/ETL, Greeks, Backtestingfor Active and Asset Risk at the total fund level
- Perform accurate weekly liquidity reportingand ad-hoc what-if analysis
- Ensure daily risk reportingand monitoring are complete and calculated correctly by ensuring all Key Financial Controls are adhered to
- Prepare risk reports and analysis in response to ad-hoc requests
- Perform model condition monitoring for Model vetting Group
- Ensure internal control processes are documented and continuously updated
- Complete multiple phases of unit and End-to-End testingneeded to validate risk results from enhancement
- Propose and implement enhancement to operational processes that govern Risk Analytics outputs team
- Document and train Risk Analytics on new processes
- Collaborate and maintain key relationships with Investments, Strategy and Risk, Model Validation, IT and External vendors
- Attend meetings with various members of Risk Analytics, Strategy & Risk, Model Validation and/or IT around risk and model deliverables
This individual provides a direct resource to the Manager and is expected to make standard operational decisions. On complex issues, the Financial Analyst is expected to have fully researched the issues and provide recommendations to the Manager.
This position requires an individual with a firm foundation in investment principles and processes. In addition, the successful candidate must leverage strong quantitative and analysis skills using Excel and internal databases. The individual must be able to deal with a variety of tasks and investment clients simultaneously.
In this role, the Financial Analyst will identify opportunities/ requirements, develop solutions and courses of action where there may be no precedent internally, and little externally.
This function will develop systems and procedures which will significantly and positively impact the decision-making process in the Investment Finance Department and ensure that all regulatory reporting is completed on a timely, thorough and accurate basis.
This position will ensure that daily operating and month-end procedures are successfully carried out and that problems are resolved, with significant issues being brought to management’s attention.
We are seeking a proven quantitative finance professional with solid knowledge of investment portfolio risk management, strong leadership, interpersonal and analytical abilities
As a true team player, this person will possess excellent communication skills, as well as the ability to work effectively with senior management and deal with a variety of tasks and investment clients. This person will have a strong interest in being part of a dynamic, highly successful and industry-leading investment organization, combined with the desire to have a more direct impact on the overall success of the organization.