NOTE: WFH during COVID-19
Salary: base salary + 10% annual bonus
Location: Mississauga, Montreal
Career Level: Senior, Expert
Work Experience: 10+ years Enterprise Network Engineer, Cisco CCIE, CCNP, CCDP, CCDE, Viptela, Meraki, F5, Aruba, Extreme (Motorola), InfoBlox, Palo Alto Networks, design networks, excellent communication skills, scripting, automation
Seeking a Lead Network Engineer – CCIE to join our Enterprise Network Engineering team. The ideal candidate is highly analytical and able to use their advanced skills to enhance the Network Engineering team’s primary objective in crafting resilient, sophisticated, modern, and cost-effective network solutions that serve the company’s critical businesses and customers. All network solutions are tested and documented prior to deployment and support by the company’s partners. Collaborative and customer centric skills are critical in continuing the Network Engineering team’s trusted advisor brand, for the benefit of the company’s customers and supporting business units.
– Architect, design, and plan enterprise networks that leverage SDx architectures and principles to deliver solutions that meet business requirements. Vendors in common use are Cisco (including Viptela and Meraki), F5, Aruba, Extreme (Motorola), InfoBlox, and Palo Alto
– Must have strong technical acumen and be capable of translating this to business unit level executives, and CTO leadership team.
– Contribute heavily to technical design patterns, principles and architectures
– Familiarity with public cloud networking constructs (GCP, Azure, AWS)
– Experience interpreting analytical tools as an aid for enhancing network designs
– Provide as-required after-hours network escalation support in a last-tier capacity
– Analyze complex environments, develop, and evangelize solutions that meet diverse requirements
– Provide strong customer service and facilitate collaboration between project teams and IT partners
– Mentor technical staff and co-workers, growing the team’s talent depth
– Work closely with other technology teams and the company’s operations and delivery partners to ensure the network is well designed and executed in a holistic manner
– Attend planning meetings and work closely with application development teams and senior level leaders.
– Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mathematics or equivalent experience
– 10+ years’ experience of professional experience in related IT field.
– Advanced experience architecting and troubleshooting complex networks
– CCIE – written or in process
– 10 years’ experience in network services, other IT, and/or technical network management
– Understand human behavior and how employees, customers and business partners will likely react in a crisis situation.
– Experience in deeply detailed and complex planning, designing of network systems and supporting technologies.
– Automation and scripting knowledge and application of these technologies to a software defined network
– Strong management skills planning, organizing, leading, and measuring service driven teams
– Strong interpersonal and communications skills to build/ maintain ongoing business relationships
– Ability to exercise and mentor others on good professional judgment and security-related ethics
– Ensuring team delivers an always on, always available mindset commensurate with a global corporate
– Experience in financial management required to support a global network, vended expenses, and 3rd party partnerships.
– Knowledge of the healthcare, distribution, or software industries – an asset
– Strong technical aptitude and experience with a wide variety of technologies
– Ability to rapidly learn and if required evaluate a new tools or technology
– Strong verbal and written communication skills
– Demonstrated technical innovative leadership experience
– Must have a strong customer and quality focus
– Have been successful in working across organizational boundaries, bringing together people with diverse perspectives and experience to find solutions to complex technical issues