NOTE: WFH during COVID-19, Hybrid work model both in-office and WFH
Location: Mississauga, Ontario
Industry: Software Development
The Senior Director of Software Engineering is a critical, strategic leadership role at UCI owning its technology vision and execution.
This role closely partners with the rest of the organization, both in sales and marketing and in the operational areas to drive alignment of business and technology priorities.
This is a manager of managers role and this function will be responsible for several engineering managers and an extended organization of approximately 50 individuals.
You will maintain very high situational awareness and will be comfortable making many decisions every day to help unblock teams.
Maintain very high security, performance and delivery standards.
Lead teams tasked with many concurrent priorities and continuously ship product innovation at an aggressive pace.
Maintain operational excellence and always look for ways to improve our teams structure and processes.
Be an ambassador for our technology and innovation strategy with internal and external customers.
– You are a consummate negotiator and understand the needs to collaborate and compromise.
– You are a true team player and will rally alongside other members of the organization to deliver value to customers and overcome challenges.
– A broad, enterprise-wide view of business and varying degrees of appreciation for strategy, processes and capabilities, enabling technologies, data and governance.
– The ability to recognize structural issues within the products, prioritize according to execution realities and provide senior leadership with clear understanding of goals.
– The ability to apply business principles to technology solutions.
– 10+ years of technology leadership experience having experienced migrations from on-prem solutions to the SaaS model.
– You have a strong focus on quality and security and have experience with ISO27001 and SOC2 standards.
– You have background and experience designing, delivering and maintaining core front and back end code, database modeling, quality frameworks and/or mobile app development strategies.
– You have working knowledge of the AWS tech stack.
– Proven ability to earn respect, trust from your colleagues and to mentor top talent.
– Experience with Agile software development while handling business needs and priorities.
– You have outstanding communication and presentation skills and can successfully interact with internal and external C-level leadership.